Wills, Probates & Estate Planning
A will is a legal document that sets forth your wishes regarding the distribution of your property and the care of any children under the age of 18. Creating a will gives you sole discretion over the distribution of your assets. A valid will lets you decide how your belongings, including real estate, cars or family heirlooms, should be distributed. If you have a business or investments, your will can direct the smooth transition of those assets.
If you have children who are under the age of 18, a valid will lets you provide for their care. If you have children from a prior marriage, even if they are adults, your will can dictate the assets they receive.
Very importantly, creating a will minimize tensions between survivors. Family members battling over your possessions can divide what may have otherwise been a close family.
Ian Watson is experienced in:-
- Drafting and updating Will for single people, couples and blended families.
- Estate Planning advice.
- Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Enduring Powers of Guardianship.
- Advance Health Directives (when to turn off a life support machine for example)
- Administration of deceased Estates once Probate or Letters of Administration have been obtained by the Executor or Administrator.
In the difficult time after the death of a loved one, we can assist with:
- Estate administration;
- Applying for Probate;
- Letters of Administration (in the event that a will is deemed invalid or there is no will);
- Intestacy (no Will) claims;
If you have been left out of a will or wish to dispute it or you are an executor and someone brings a claim, then we have significant experience in the following areas:
- Contested estates including Family Provision Claims under the Succession Act;
- Defending those claims;
- Claims for payment by a superannuation trustee by a dependant.
- Proof of wills in Solemn form including claims involving the capacity of the deceased;
Ian Watson has worked with hundreds of families and individuals over more than 30 years assisting them to plan and carry out their Wills, Probates and Estates. To find out more about how he can assist you or your family contact him today.
08 9721 8377
Consultations are by appointment
and you can contact Ian directly for an initial cost free telephone enquiry.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation